Monday 19 September 2016

Carriage Driving

Well this week I thought I would share with you my horsey antics of last weekend!  As mentioned in my last post I went carriage driving for a couple of days.  25 or so years ago I used to drive a single pony but have hankered after driving a pair for the last few years so jumped at the opportunity to go on an instructional break with my friend Rita.

We found a lovely lady who lives local'ish to Rita who is near Ely in Cambridgeshire, called Claire Bourne.  Claire is a qualified LHHI (light horse harness instructor) and also runs her own business doing funerals and weddings.  She is such a lovely lady that I would highly recommend if anyone fancies having a go.

I was totally blown away when I got to drive a pair of Fresians, a pair of Lippizzaners and a pair of small ponies!  I had so much fun and it reminded me of some great times that Rita and I had share so many years ago when we used to compete!

Now for a bit of photo overload driving one of the pairs- I got to drive both on and off road, and finished by popping them through some cones which was great fun



It never ceases to amaze me just how much power there is with a pair.  I will admit that I am not great with large horses as I tend to 'do' ponies, but I enjoyed driving these more than I could have imagined!


This pair were much more up my street, even though they were nowhere near as experienced!  I can see that this could be a direction that my life end up taking! 



Well I could bore you with lots more photo's but this is a craft blog so had better stop!  Promise I will go back to crafting in my next post ;-)

Until next time

With love and crafty hugs

Ginny x




2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased for you, that you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Lynn. I had such a great time and absolutely love these photos x

      Delete