Saturday 29 October 2016

Tropical Nectar

Well today I got to spend the day with Sheena Douglas and Donna Ratcliff - and what a day it was!  I had an amazing time and stepped right outside my comfort zone - I did a canvas and this card, which I absolutely love.

Sadly both Sheena and Donna were both poorly with a nasty virus, so really hope they recover soon and they did admirably to get through the day.

We started by stamping and colouring the different elements of the card - the cogs, humming bird and flowers - using the aqua tints and gilding wax, before fussy cutting them out (except for the cogs which were done with dies thank goodness!)






We then arranged the card to our liking and before sticking it down, to ensure we were happy with the layout.  The cogs behind the flowers and bird really give the card a little more depth.  We used walnut stain distress ink around the outer of the card before layering it up on black matt and placing it on the card.

I have to say that the colours in the Aquatints Brights collection are stunning and I really enjoyed using them and they blend beautifully.

I used a combination a cosmic shimmer dies clear glue and silicone gel to add extra dimension to the bird and flowers.

There were 10 of us on the workshop but every single project we produced looked different.  I will share the canvas we created later in the week, so that will be something to look forward to!

The products used for this card are:

Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Time Traveller Dies - Make Time & Geared Up
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A6 Stamp Set - Tropical Nectar
Spectrum Noir AquaTint Set - Bright and Beautiful
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Overlay Pen
Pebeo Gilding Wax - King Gold & Renaissance Gold

Anyway, that is all from me for today but I will be back later in the week.

With love and crafty hugs

Ginny xx

4 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Ginny. Love the colours of the bird. Really looking forward to seeing the canvas. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's a pity Sheena and Donna were feeling so poorly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Littlelamb, I am really enjoying doing different things at the moment and was really pleased with this one!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I think this is stunning. The colours and you painting are wonderful. I love the layout. I'm glad you enjoyed it and am looking forward to you canvass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I keep looking at it and having that response! I can't believe I managed to create something quite so nice as colouring is really not my thing - just goes to show what you can do when you try! x

      Delete