Tuesday 25 October 2016

Beautiful Butterfly

My blog has recently been promoted by the lovely people at SETcraft in Haverfordwest, so if you are visiting as a result of this I would like to extend a warm welcome to you, and invite you to have a good look around my blog and please feel free to leave a comment.  I purchase a lot of my dies from them and they are always really helpful, friendly, efficient and offer excellent value for money!

Well for this evenings post I have used the stunning Sue Wilson butterfly frame which has been cut from white glossy cardstock.  The backing sheet I have used alcohol inks on acetate which gives a really bright and vibrant background, and have to admit that this is becoming one of my favourites!


I decided to use a muted cardstock to use as my mats which I feel tones it down a little and hopefully has struck a bit of a balance!  I have not yet added a sentiment as thought I would do this at a later date, once I decide what I am going to use it for; however I do also like the it quite clean but wander whether it feels like it is missing a little something.  What do you think?


I love the butterfly and this looks really nice layered with the alcohol inks on acetate background, again with the white gloss cardstock.

Alcohol inks are becoming a bit of a favourite of mine, and find myself being pulled towards the really bright colours, so will have to make an effort to try some others! 

For this card I used the following:

Sue Wilson Butterfly Frame
Foundation white glossy cardstock
Foundation periwinkle cardstock
Heat resistant acetate
Alcohol inks - raspberry, sunshine yellow & pool party

That is all for this evening but will be back soon with a monolith that I have been playing with.  I am also attending a workshop with Sheena Douglas this weekend so hopefully will have something exciting to share with you next week!

Until next time, with love and crafty hugs.

Ginny xx


4 comments:

  1. Love this Ginny. I have loads of alcohol inks but haven't tried them on acetate. Must do that. Love the colours you have used and I have that die and its one of my favourites. Enjoy your workshop and look forward to seeing what you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Littlelamb. I really like the alcohol inks on acetate and I am always surprised at how easy they are to use and how quickly they dry!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Card. I love the background technique and colours. I am not a huge fan of this die but I'm tempted to buy it for the centre square, lol. Personally I don't think it is missing anything, I think you will probably be happy if you at a sentiment at a later date. I hope you enjoy your workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. I dare say I shall post an update of my exploits with Sheena this weekend ;-) x

      Delete