Sunday 13 March 2016

Shaving Foam!

Yesterday I attended a class with Julia Watts, and as per usual I had a fantastic day!  We made 3 cards in total but today I am going to share just 1 and will share the rest later in the week.

The last card of the day used the shaving foam technique for the background paper.



This is how I used the shaving foam technique:



Firstly we put some shaving foam into an A4 box and then sprayed inks onto the foam.   For this colour combination I used Decadent Teal and Decadent Grape.

Then we took a pricking tool and swirled it around in the foam to mix the colours together - it had to be enough to make the colours flow into each other but not to much so they lost their definition.

Then we placed our cardstock (in this case coconut white) face down in the foam mixture, and made sure that it all came into contact with the foam by pushing down on it gently.  Remove the card from the foam mixture and with a ruler  remove the excess foam and this leaves an imprint of the ink.

Next we cut out the striplets into the cardstock 4 times, layered this on the cardstock above and then made a frame from the pierced rectangles.

We then stamped the sentiment and cut these out decorating with the leaves and flowers.

I can see that this will be a technique I use time and time again as it is very effective and I could have some good fun playing with lots of colours.

The products used were:

Cardstock - Foundations Coconut white & black
Sue Wilson Pierced Flags
Sue Wilson Double Pierced Rectangles
Sue Wilson Butterfly Striplet
Sue Wilson Orange Blossom Flowers - Open Petals
Sue Wilson Orange Blossom Flowers - Complete Petals
Sue Wilson Faux Quilled Leaves
John Lockwood Pierced Flag Sentiments
Creative Expressions Spray Mists - Decadent Grape & Decadent Teal
Shaving Foam
8mm White Pearl
Small Black Circle Dazzlers

I hope you have enjoyed this card and will give it a try - it really was great fun to do!

Until next time.

Ginny x













3 comments:

  1. Lovely Card, I always love the look of the shaving foam background, great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite colours Lynn! I enjoyed doing this more than I thought I would - I don't tend to be a messy crafter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card I really must give the shaving foam ago x

    ReplyDelete