Sunday 10 July 2016

An Easel Card

Today I have made a very simple card, which really is far simpler than you would think!  Again I have defaulted back to my comfort zone with a white and burgundy cardstock.



I cut my base card from foundation cardstock with a circular die that was placed slightly off the card, which gave me a a circular card.  The top part of the card I folded in half and scored it and then placed some ribbon and bow on the bottom section, which formed the base of my easel card.

I then cut a further 4 circles, each time making each layer smaller.  The largest layer was used as the part to fix to the part of the card that stands upright.  The other 3 layers I then cut into quarters and stacked them up, each time using foam pads to add depth.  I then cut the Spring Wreath die (by Tattered Lace) twice once in white and again in burgundy.  I cut the flowers out of the burgundy cut and layered these up on the white cut before placing them onto the card base.

It was not until I started to type all that out that I realised that it does look complicated, but I can promise you that it is not!

The recipe for this card is as follows:

Foundation cardstock
Circle dies (sorry cannot remember who made them!)
Tattered lace Spring Wreath die
Tattered lace Bow die
Ribbon

I hope you have enjoyed this card, I certainly enjoyed making it!

With love until next time

Ginny xx



2 comments:

  1. Lovely Card, it looks very effective and I like the hint of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! There is so much potential for this card - I got the idea from the Crealies cards ;-) x

      Delete