Friday 15 July 2016

Playing with Alcohol Inks!

Last weekend I went on a workshop with Julia Watts and had a really great time.  The day was spent playing with alcohol inks, which is not something I had used before.



For this card we started by placing 3 different coloured alcohol inks onto the felt and attached it to the applicator tool.  I used botanical, indigo and stream inks.  Using the applicator tool the ink was applied to gloss card by dabbing the ink on and doing this across the whole sheet of cardstock, and reinking when necessary.  This was then left to dry.

Next I cut the Sue Wilson Birthday Shadow Box in coconut white cardstock. 

 
The very small elements (balloons, cake and present) I inked up with distress ink whilst in the die to add some definition.

Finally I made a frame from the Stitched Lattice frame and then assembled the card, layering it up with foam pads to add extra dimension.  As I had a slight mark on the left hand side of the frame I decided to add a flower which hides it well!!!

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed playing with the alcohol inks and how different everyone's cards looked in different colours.  I think you may see me using this technique quite a bit, as it was so fresh and the glossy card added a lovely sheen.

Until next time .........................

love

Ginny xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I think a friend of mine also went to that workshop. She really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card and lovely colours. Glad you enjoyed the workshop and thanks for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies - I can see me getting into the alcohol inks as really like the effect on the glossy cardstock. I think there may be more to follow ;-) x

    ReplyDelete