Wednesday 29 March 2017

Happy Birthday Grapes!

Well I have just returned from another amazing weekend away with Anna-Marie Designs.  I stayed in a lovely hotel in Stow on the Wold and it was sheer bliss for a couple of days.

Anna-Marie has a very distinctive style which is so stylish, I absolutely adore her makes.  She was on Create & Craft today so hopefully some of you may have caught that, or you could watch it on catch up.

One of my favourite makes of the weekend (of which there were many!) was a birthday card with a cluster of purple grapes!



For the grapes we used purple microbeaded berries, which were interspersed with beads from the pearl strands to make the grape!  We cut the larger pearls from the strands to place onto the grape and then used the smaller elements throughout the layers of cardstock.  The berries and pearls were stuck down with pinflair glue and then dusted with crushed ice glitter to give the sparkly effect.  The top of the bunch of grapes was a twig.



We used maple leaves which were distressed and we layered up the background with cardstock that was torn to give a real ragged effect.  For the distressing we used gathered twigs distress ink.

I hope you like this card as much as I do!  I think this is one that I will do again as I think it is quite nice as a mans card, as it is quite neutral and not too girly.

I have a few more projects to share with you, so until next time . .. .

With love and crafty hugs

Ginny xx

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your weekend in Stow on the Wold. It's a lovely place. Every year I go to stay in Bourton on the Water which isn't far from Stow in the wold. Love your card. Love the grapes. Thank you for showing us what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Littlelamb, Bourton on the Water is lovely and the Cotswolds always seems like such a peaceful place. I am glad you like the card x

    ReplyDelete