Friday 3 June 2016

Visible Image cards

Well today's post is something a little different, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed doing these cards.

I recently purchased some stamps from Visible Image as I absolutely love some of their sayings/quotes.  I decided to mix these up a bit with the pixie powders as I really need a bit more practice using them.  Well I got all messy and really enjoyed myself!

This is the first card I made. I used the purple violet and peacock green Pixie Powders, with the 'Live in the Moment' stamp set.  I heat embossed with Creative Expressions black detail embossing powder.



The second card I used the sun yellow and scarlet mist Pixie Powders and the 'Vision Inkognito Set' again by Visible Image.  Once again I heat embossed with Creative Expressions black detail embossing powder.



On both cards I used the Sue Wilson Pierced Squares for my mats and layers, and I thought the black set off the embossed areas really nicely.

It is a shame that you cannot see the shimmer from the Pixie Powders and the texture from the embossing powder, as they really do look impressive, even if I say so myself!

I think I might find myself doing more work with the pixie powders as you can get so many different effects with them.  Watch this space!

Until next time, take care and please feel free to leave a comment when you visit my page.

Ginny xx

3 comments:

  1. They are both lovely, great colour combinations and effect. I really like the look of the pixie powders and such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are Lynn - I really didn't think they would be my thing but have really enjoyed playing with them. One word of warning if you get any, wear an apron!!!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Ginny, I love both cards, but for colours it's the first one for me. I also love the effect the Pixie powders have, but my bank balance says "no"........... However, it'll soon be Xmas and wish list :-)
      Rose

      Delete