Tuesday 9 June 2020

Best Hens Forever

I have a couple of very special friends and I saw the new stampset by Paperartsy and immediately knew it would be perfect to share with them!


The colours do not come through terribly well in the photograph unfortunately.

I started by stamping three of the hens in the set and colouring them in with watercolour pens.  I did some fussy cutting (this took ages and is not my strong point!)


I tried to find some suitable backing paper and couldn't find anything I liked so brayered with distress oxides, shabby shutters,  milled lavender and dried marigold, onto white cardstock.

I did some water splatters but these really do not show up very well, but I like that it gives a bit of texture to the card.





Next I planned the card by placing the cut out chickens onto the card to see where I was going to placed the sentiment and chicken wire.

I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Claire in black and the chicken wire in Archival morning mist.  Then I stuck the chickens in place and left them to really stick by placing under a book!

I then cut my mats and layers and placed everything together and have to say I was pleased with the result.  I made 2 cards and the chickens represented each of my friends - the question is who is who?!!!


I hope you like the cards and hopefully I will be back in the craft room soon.

In the meantime, please stay well and safe.

Ginny x











No comments:

Post a Comment