Tuesday 29 March 2016

Meet Walter!

Well I promised something a little different for my next blog post, and here he is!  In my 'spare' time I bottle feed orphan lambs!

Meet Walter!


(Please excuse the colour of my husband - I promise he is not really this yellow, I think it was the lighting!)
 
Walter is an orphan lamb that I will be taking on shortly.  I have 2 horses and I keep them on a working farm and they are in full blown lambing, which is always amazing!  For the last two years I have cared for the orphan lambs, bottle feeding them until they are ready for the big wide world.  It is hard work but very rewarding.  At the moment there are 3 orphans for me to care for which should be a doddle compared to the 13 I had last year, but having said that lambing is not yet over so this could all change!

Well that's all for now. 

love

Ginny xx

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like hard work (especially 13) but fun, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Lynn but so worth it. Last year I had two very poorly and small lambs at home that needed intensive care, but they both survived and are now big burly sheep. My kitchen resembles a nursery at lambing time as it is full of milk and bottles!

    ReplyDelete