Tuesday 4 July 2017

Well it is July!!!!

I have been missing in action for a short while, so apologise for that.  I had a nasty accident and broke multiple ribs so have not been able to sit on a chair comfortably and it may still be a while before I fully comfortable!

Anyway here I am and this is my first Christmas card of the year!!!!  I know it is only July but as Hochanda and Create & Craft have all their Christmas programmes running, I couldn't help myself.



This card uses a die from the Precious Merieke The Nature of Christmas range but I have used it for other cards, not just Christmas.    The sentiment is one of the new dies by Sue Wilson, the Let It Snow Snowflake die - I can see this die used a lot  You cannot tell from the photograph but I used the Creative Expressions midnight blue pearlescent cardstock which looks lovely.  I used cream cardstock but it would also look really nice in white.  I finished off with a few pearls.

This has to be one of the simplest cards I have made in a while and can see that I may well batch make some of these.

Hopefully I won't be away for much longer and I will be back in full flow with my cards.

With love and crafty hugs (gentle ones!!!)

Ginny xx

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Ginny. Sounds a good idea to batch make a lot of them. I must look for that die. I am sorry to hear about your accident and hope you will soon be feeling 100/%. Didn't realise until a few weeks ago that someone I know helps at the Blind Centre on a Tueaday. Small world isn't it. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Littlelamb - well now you now where I am you are more than welcome to pop in and you would be very welcome to borrow the die if you'd like! x

      Delete
  2. Thought I had left a comment but not here now. This is a beautiful card Ginny. Good idea to make it a batch card. I must look for that die it is really nice. Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you will recover soon. It wasn't until a few weeks ago I found out that I know one of your Tuesday volunteers. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginny. Thank you. I rarely come into town these days except on Sunday's but will see what I can do. Thanks for the offer to borrow the die and that is very kind of you but I liked it so much that I found The Art of Craft had it in stock so they are bringing it to the Newbury craft show on Saturday. Are you going along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not Littlelamb, would love to but just too sore at the moment to be around lots of people! Hope you have a great time

      Delete
  4. Quite understand. It does get busy there.

    ReplyDelete