Wednesday 9 November 2016

Noel

Well I am back from my amazing weekend with Anna-Marie Designs.  This has to be one of the best organised workshops I have been to  Our first project was a card which incorporated some MDF items with the Noel and the deer. 



We started by taking a piece of white card where we roughly brushed on some Viva Chalky Paint (smokey blue) which was then followed by stencilling.  We then used some white chalky paint to add some additional stamp detail in the corners.  The deer was also painted in the smokey blue paint, once dry we used a layer of crackle glaze, dried again and then added some white chalky paint and then let for the paint to crackle.  I didn't use enough of the crackle glaze to get a good crackle but I was happy with what I produced!

Finally we distressed inked the background card and  distressed it with scissors.  This was followed by making up the flower and leaves, inking and shaping them.  The flower was then edged with 3d Schnee and crushed ice crystals.

The final part was to assemble the card which involved using some natural fire to add some dimension and additional interest to the back of the card.
We used lots of embellishments to add interest to the card and I have to say I was very pleased with the finished product.

All items were supplied by Anna-Marie and are available from her website.  I would thoroughly recommend attending one of these creative weekends as I really enjoyed it and you get really pampered into the bargain!

There are lots of other projects that I will share over the coming weeks -  I really cannot make up my mind which one I like most as they were all fabulous!

With love and crafty hugs

Ginny xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the card you made Ginny. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the things you made. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card. Your flower is beautiful and your holly looks real. I'm glad you enjoyed it, it will be nice to see your other makes.

    ReplyDelete