Monday 17 April 2017

Butterflies & Flowers

Well this week I am sharing with you another card.  We had a lovely young lady run the Reading Half Marathon in aid of Reading Association for the Blind, the Charity I manage.

I thought it would be nice to make her a special thank you card as she put so much effort into raising money, which was nearly £1,000.



For this card I used some cardstock from the Crafters Companion Shabby Chic range, where I distressed the edges and used Tea Dye distress ink to edge it.   For the top sheet of card I inked through a stencil to give me the star effect, which just adds a little bit more detail


I used the embossing folder from the same range at the top and bottom of the layered card - I was pleasantly surprised by how this came out as it looks quite lacy.


I then cut a lacy die (again from

the same range!) to add some detail to the right of the card, and again distressed this with Tea Dye ink.

I placed a small rip into the base cardstock, inked this up  and curled it back to add a bit more of a distressed look.  I then placed some pearls and a strip of hessian to enhance it.

To finish the card off I made a small flower arrangement in the left hand corner, starting with some natural fibre on the base, added a few leaves which I edged and shaped, with a few flowers that I edged with the tea dye distress ink and finished it

off with some curly foam embellishments (not quite sure what to call them!) and some bronze pearls which added some depth to the card.

Apart from the green leaves, all of the flowers etc were white when I started and I just inked them up, again with Tea Dye distress ink, and built the colour up to get the end effect.

I felt that the card needed just something else so added a lovely butterfly die which I then added clear sparkle from the sparkle pen range.

I really hope that Kerry likes her card and you do too.

With love and crafty hugs, until next time ........

Ginny xx



3 comments:

  1. Love this card Ginny and I am sure Kerry did as well. It is beautiful. The foam embellishments look very interesting. Did you make them? Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Littlelamb! I didn't make the foam embellishments I'm afraid, I purchased them! They are little bits of coiled wire with little foam balls attached to them. I think they add something a little different - I have added some distress ink to them to make them blend with everything else on the card. Hope you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly do add something different to your card Ginny. Will have to look out for these. Easter could have been better. Spent two days in bed with a bad back. Lying in bed was the most comfortable place. Lot better now.

    ReplyDelete