Monday 10 April 2017

You are my cup of tea!

This was another project done with Anna-Marie. It uses a number of different techniques.


We started by painting the whole mdf piece with chalky white paint which was followed by placing a large stencil over the kettle and used texture paste to add texture and depth.  This was then left to set and when it had dried we used brown patina wax all over the kettle to add some colour and distressing.  This was then buffed off to leave the raised stencil areas white. I really liked the effect that this created.

Crackle medium was added to add more texture.  Anna-Marie had to spend time with me to get the crackle effect right as I was being a bit too gentle with it, but I got there in the end!

The handle was just coloured with a little bit of the patina wax as well as the mdf sentiment 'you are my cup of tea'

We finished off with a flower arrangement.  I am really getting into these now and am learning how to arrange them all.  I especially like the use of natural fibre as this just seems to lighten everything.

Well that was quite a quick review of this project this week, as have been really busy working with lambs - I currently have 11 orphans who are bottle fed 3 times a day, as well as an additional  2 who need a bottle twice a day to top them up as their mum does not have enough milk!

Until next time, love and crafty hugs

Ginny xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this Ginny. Thank you for sharing it. That sounds an awful lot of orphan lambs. Hope it all goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Littlelamb. I really enjoyed making this and am glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete