Friday 3 April 2020

Home Is Where the Heart Is

Life is very surreal at the moment!  I am very lucky right now as I can at least get out of the house twice a day as I have ponies to care for and they take up a couple of hours a day, so at least I can get out for some fresh air.

It is also allowing me plenty of time for my crafting and getting to practice things I am not very good at - and in this case it is using a brayer!

I really enjoyed making another card with Lavinia Stamps - can you tell they are one of my favourites!  


This card used a number of Lavinia Stamps, as follows:

Forest Temple
Wild Hares Set
Tree of Dreams (the branches only)
Whimsical Wisps
Wild Poppies
Home is There the Heart Is
Single miniature Heart

The colour scheme I chose was Colorbox Dandelion and Jade, which I brayered onto cardstock, doing half and half.  I have found that it is best to use a really light touch with the brayer and build the colour up slowly.  I am sure I will improve with time but I was quite pleased with the result this time.



I stamped the temple and wording in Versafine Clair Twilight and then added the rabbits, I also wanted to put something on the top of the temple so added the branches from the tree of dreams stamp.




I then added some highlights using gel pens, silver on the hares and a muted rose colour on parts of the twines on the temple.  I added some quickie glue to the trees and used the blue moonstone glitter, which was quite subtle.

Finally I added the single miniature heart in chianti, which I love to add to the sentiment.





I know I would love to live somewhere like this 😉

Thanks so much for dropping by.

Stay safe everyone.

Sending love and crafty hugs.

Ginny x







No comments:

Post a Comment