Monday 6 April 2020

Just Bee You!

I hope everyone is coping well with the lockdown situation at the moment and not suffering too much.  I am finding it quite hard as am used to being outside all the time with the horses and it all feels so surreal.  Hubby works for the NHS so is very busy at the moment, and pretty stressed too, so I am spending more time in my craft room than normal lol 😉

This is another of the designs using the Bee Friendly stampset from Hobby Art!  I can't believe I have not used this set before this week as it is so versatile and I have really enjoyed the colouring in!





I chose to work with Distress Inks and used Abandoned Coral, Tea Dye and Hickory Smoke, applied gently with the make up brushes again.  I stamped the main images in VersaFine Clair Nocturne, which gives a lovely sharp image.



First off I stamped some of the honeycomb stamp on the base layer of the card,  just around the outside as I was going to place the topper.  I also used the hickory smoke distress ink to distress the borders so that it gave a slightly worn look and remove the starkness of the white card.

I also stamped the #savethebees in the corner.






I then worked on the topper, by stamping the bee and flower.  These were coloured in and also distressed the white cardstock with the hickory smoke and tea dye again.  I did the colouring in of the bee and flower with the Zig Clean Colour pens.










I layered the white cardstock onto black to make it pop, and then layered the topper onto the base with foam pads to make it slightly more dimensional.  I hope you like the final result!


I wish that everyone keeps well in these trying times.

With love and crafty hugs.

Ginny x

No comments:

Post a Comment