Thursday 9 April 2020

Stargazing

I hope everyone is keeping well in these uncertain times.  Hubby is still working hard at the local hospital as he is a medical engineer and is spending his time working on ventilators 😔

Todays card is the stargazing rabbit.




I was working on another project and did not have any coloured cardstock so decided to make my own with some Izink spray inks I bought a few weeks back!



Well I got absolutely filthy doing this!!!  I used red, yellow and orange inks and sprayed them on the cardstock and then gently blotted the card with kitchen towel.

I enjoyed doing this more than I thought I would and have to admit I am tempted to do this again, but I do need to get myself a big box to spray inks in, as this ended up all over my craft table, ink pads and just about everything else I had around at the time.

Once the cardstock had dried I used a Sweet Poppy Stencil of the stargazing rabbit and inked through this with Versafine Clair

Nocturne ink, applied with a smoothie.  I applied a number of coats as I wanted this to be a dense black, which would work in contrast to the orange/red/yellow mixture.

I decided to keep this card really simple as I felt the colours speak for themselves and I loved the contrast with the silhouette.



As I had a small piece of card left over I made another, much smaller, card.  Again I kept it really simple, which suits the Lavinia Stamps perfectly.



I hope you like the cards I have shared and will hopefully be back soon with a bit more inspiration.

In the meantime, I hope you all stay well and thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

With love and crafty hugs (from a distance!)

Ginny x


No comments:

Post a Comment