Friday 5 August 2016

Antiquity Book Box

Well this weeks post is once again something a little different.  I attended another workshop where I had my first attempt at working with MDF.  We used the MDF Antiquity Book Box which  is a really useful storage space


Firstly we started by painting the box with Americano Décor Chalky Finish paint.  I think it was the Yesteryear shade but cannot be 100% sure as I did this a while ago!  We did this before assembling the box as this made it so much easier to access all the nooks and crannies.

Once the box was dry we assembled it before we started the decoration.  Firstly we stamped on the base of the inside of the box just to add some additional interest on what would have been quite a large blank space.  This was done in a pale colour cloud ink to add a slight vintage feel.

After this we started working on the outside of the box.  We used Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish in pearl lustre and colour cloud to soften and distress the corners, using the same colour cloud colour to do some messy stamping on the box using a word stamp - this really is not that visible from the photo's I'm afraid.  Pearls were also added to the base of the box to add additional interest.

Once this was all done we were able to start adding the embellishments.   Now we got to play with the flowers, leaves and raffia which were all secured using silicone glue.  Once these were set we added the MDF items (hearts and gate) which were again highlighted with the CS pearl lustre gilding polish.

I was really pleased with how this turned out and ended up giving it as a birthday present for my mother.  Hence why it has taken me a while to post it!

Anyway I hope you have enjoyed this little project and it inspires you to try out working with MDF!  I so enjoyed doing this that I have booked myself on a course with Anna-Marie Designs later on in the year, so watch this space for some more samples!

Until next time.

love & hugs

Ginny x





2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ginny. Thank you for sharing this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it - I had a lot of fun making it ;-) x

    ReplyDelete