Wednesday 19 July 2017

Birthday Star

This week I had to make a card for a male friend and I always feel challenged when I have to make a masculine card.

This card is very simple but have chosen colours that complement each other.  It is not obvious from the photograph but I have used kraft card and a dark brown cardstock, which are well suited to a man!



I then cut the Sue Wilson dies of Happy Birthday and the Swirling Stars dies, using the cut out stars to stick around the sentiment and using some glossy accents to add some dimension to them.

To finish off the card I used some natural twine which complements the kraft card.

I hope you like this card and I will most probably make some more of these in different colours, as it is clean and simple for a masculine card.

With love and crafty hugs

Ginny xx

Products used for this card:
Cardstock - kraft card & dark brown
Sue Wilson Festive Collection - Swirling Stars
Sue Wilson Expressions - Happy Birthday
Creative Expressions - Bakers Twine

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant male card Ginny. Thanks for sharing this. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven’t seen you on the blog for a long time. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Littlelamb, lovely to hear from you! I am ok but lost my crafting mojo after my accident. I have made a few Christmas cards but nothing I am notably proud of! Hoping the New Year will find me with more makes. Hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete