Wednesday 18 March 2020

I'm back!!!

Well, you may have noticed I have been absent for a good while,  in fact it has been years lol ;-)  When I had my accident back in 2017 I suffered a head injury which created a good few problems and I lost my ability to craft.  It is only recently that I have attended some classes and this has really helped me to get some creativity back.  Interestingly I have been playing much more with ink as opposed to die cutting, which has been interesting.

I have resurrected my Lavinia Stamps (and also bought some more!) and had great fun playing with inks, gelli plates and brusho's, which have all been outside of my comfort zone.  Anyways, this is one of my creations and thought you might be interested in seeing what I have been up to.







For this card I used the Tree of Dreams, the Fir Cone Branch, Small Pixies and Stars 2 Miniature set, all from Lavinia Stamps.










I started by using a brayer to apply the yellow
colorbox ink onto a 6" round gelli plate, and on top of this I sprinkled some diluted green brushos.  I then took a print onto multifarious cardstock which transfers the ink onto the card.

I allowed this to dry before stamping on the Tree of Dreams stamp and the small pixies in Versafine Clair nocturne ink.   I then decided to use the green colorbox ink to the outside of the circle to edge the card, which was applied using the 'make up' type brushes - my new love.

Finally I applied the fir cone branch using a second generation stamp to make it slightly lighter and then finishing off with the miniature stars 2 set.









I really enjoyed making this and have been playing a lot with my new stamps, so hopefully I will get around to sharing more in weeks to come ;-)

With love and crafty hugs.

Ginny x

No comments:

Post a Comment