Sunday 22 March 2020

Make a Wish!


Todays card is another clean and simple card!  I really love the effect of a block of colour with a silhouette and a sentiment, as I said clean and simple lol.






I started off by taking my card blank and using removable tape, which I made even less sticky by patting it on a tea towel first, to mask off the area I wanted to colour.






I then picked my colours, in this case I used Distress Oxides in picked raspberry, fossilized amber and dusty concord.  I will be honest and say that I was not sure the colours would work but I was really pleased with how it looked.





I applied the colour with my make up style brushes and built the colour up gradually, starting at the top with the picked raspberry and made my way down the card using the fossilized amber and finishing off with the dusty concord.







Once I was happy with the shading I removed the masking tape gently and was left with a strip of colour.  I then stamped the 'Make a Wish' fairy from Lavinia Stamps and a sentiment from Card-io.






I have to say I was happy with the final result, lots of white space which makes the colours pop.  I hope you like it!



I have to dash now as the sun is shining and have to make the most of some fresh air and go and do some fencing up at the ponies field.

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Ginny x




No comments:

Post a Comment